Translate

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Vintage Halloween Memories

I have such wonderful memories of Halloween in the 1960s.  We used to drag out the trunk of dress up clothes.  It was full of antique bits and pieces of apparel smelling a little of moth balls. I was always a gypsy, my brother was a lady (pretty cute with a butch haircut and converse shoes).   We would be out for hours, it seemed, with our pillowcases of nickle candy bars.  I guess that's why  I love the vintage Halloween decor so much.


1 comment:

Tam Francis said...

I have similar memories. My mom always made homemade costumes and we went out for hours and were disappointed when we got the house that made the weird oatmeal cookies instead on candy. Love some of the vintage stuff you have in the first pic. Thanks for the memories. girlinthejtterbugdress.com